J/k, j/k…I wasn’t really nominated for an Oscar (though if I was an actress, I’m sure I would have been)…
I was actually nominated for an Inspiring Blog Award!
Yeah, I didn’t know those existed either. But it’s an award, it’s pink, there’s a crown on it, and dammit I WON! So naturally, I accept. The nomination came from my fellow blogger All Good Things! Thanks so much! You’re awesome and I think I’ll keep you around;)
Rules of the award state that I have to share 7 facts about myself. Since this is my favorite topic of conversation (ME!!!) this should be easy-peasy.
- I can trace my genealogy back to John & Priscilla Alden on the Mayflower. Dude, Longfellow wrote a poem about them! It’s totally awesome being related to famous people. Oh, also one of my relatives was a spy for the good side during the revolutionary war and was shot, and survived. (I only know these things because my older sister is a history nut and went a little crazy on Ancestry.com one summer during highschool.)
- I love to bake sweets but don’t do it often because then I end up eating ALLL THE THINGSSS. And that’s just nasty.
- This list is actually being really hard because I keep thinking of stupid things that no one really cares about, like how my favorite chocolate is Toblerone, or that I drive a PT Cruiser and love shopping but only when I have a shopping buddy. Otherwise I feel lonely and spend way too much money.
- I used to teach piano lessons but now I hardly play at all because my piano is old and I don’t want to pay $150 to have it tuned. So, I live vicariously through one of my younger sisters, who rocks the Chopin and Schubert on a daily basis=)
- I handle the finances for our family and make sure bills get paid on time and savings go up. Oh, and The Hubs gets an allowance every week=P
- Sometimes when I feel like shopping but know I really shouldn’t, I’ll go to all my favorite websites and fill shopping carts. Then, I close the browser before checking out. I get all the fun of shopping without the pain of credit card bills! Hah. Try it, it seriously works.
- The only way I’ll ever stick with exercising long-term is if I work out with someone (that someone currently being my mom, and she kicks my butt). Nothing beats bouncing around all sweaty to some Pitbull and then having someone to high-five when the song is over (and you realize how stupid you looked)!
Now I nominate other blogs for this sweet award. Technically I’m supposed to nominate 15, but I don’t even have 15 blogs that I follow! So I’m just going to award it to my favorite peeps and stop when I run out. (Oh yeah, there’s no rhyme or reason to the order of this list. So ya know) Also, there weren’t any rules for this list aside from having 15, so someone I list might have already been nominated previously, or be in a different country, or have lots of followers, or have no followers. Basically, these are some cool blogs from my Reader=)
- TBN Ranch
- Ph.D.s and Pigtails
- Crafting Glass
- When Sheep Go Moo
- Fine Frugality
- 2 Sisters Anytown USA
- Nuts and Bolts
The rules for accepting a blog award are as follows:
1. Display award image on your blog page.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to their posts.
Ha, I didn’t even have to watch The Oscars (Walking Dead trumps all Sunday evening programming IMO) and I still got an award! Just so you don’t think that I’m sitting on my pretty pink throne (the throne matches the crown, natch) and being lazy, here’s a sneak peek of what I was up late working on last night:
It’s not perfect by any means and I still need to put frames up on the small wall to the left of this one. Looking at this picture makes me realize I need to swap a few frames around for better balance… I need to figure out how to fix the gold frames – after spray-painting them I let then dry outside for 48 hours, but when I piled them up to finally bring them in, the gold started scratching off a few. You can definitely tell in real life! Also, come up with some way to camouflage the cord for the light fixture. BUT…
Despite the imperfections, it is still kind of fabulous. And exactly what I was hoping for=)