I’ve been so busy this past weekend I didn’t even notice fellow blogger FineFrugality nominate me for The Liebster Award! All I can say is thank you!!! It smacked me outta nowhere and now I’m feeling a little sheepish that it took me so long to respond….
Liebster means “favorite” in German and the Liebster Award is a way to recognize your favorite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers (like me!). It’s designed to spread awareness about younger blogs and introduce you to a few new favorites. It’s kinda like a chain letter, but way cooler without all the “your future significant other will fall off a truck and you will die lonely if you don’t send this on” sort of stuff.
Now that I’ve received the Liebster award, I’m supposed to do 5 things:
- Choose five blogs (with less than 200 followers) to pass the Liebster along to.
- List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites, and let them know you’ve given them the award.
- Thank the blogger (FineFrugality) who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- POST THE AWARD ON YOUR BLOGGGG!!! (and subsequently brag about it often)
- Share five random facts about yourself.
So now heads up it’s 5 random blogs that I appreciate!
- The Time is Write is home to fledgeling writer Alena Dillon. Honestly I don’t know if she has fewer than 200 followers, I couldn’t find it on her page, but she’s super hilarious and I love reading through her posts! So I figure you all deserve the laughs, too!
- High Heels in the Barnyard is the blog of Alicia Jones, a city-girl-turned-far-girl who followed love into the country and narrates her experiences almost daily.
- Sheep Go Moo is the tongue-in-cheek blog of Cat Lynch, a girl I went to art school with who never fails to crack me up.
- Ph.D.s and Pigtails is a great blog by another old school acquaintance. She blogs about her experiences as a feminist, older sister, teacher, and student.
- The Lettered Cottage. Okay, that last one is definitely not under 200 followers but these guys are one of my favorites!! Tons&tons&tons of decorating inspiration is on this site. Trust me, it deserves some sort of award.
And then 5 random facts about myself:
- If I miss my morning mug of coffee my brain fails to boot properly and I say things that I refuse to be held accountable for later.
- I studied ceramics in school but realized after graduating that playing with mud is not as fun as decorating my home/everyone else’s homes. Epic college degree fail.
- My husband talks me into crazy things sometimes, like chickens (yes, we’re getting chickens on Wednesday. You saw that right!).
- If the handbag ain’t Coach, I’m not carrying it! (the number of Coach bags in my closet can actually be directly related to the number of crazy things I let my husband talk me into. *cough*bribe*cough*)
- I have a serious obsession with cuteness. As in, if it makes me go SQUEEE! it comes home with me.
(BONUS POINTS:: if you already knew 3 out of the 5 random facts about me, comment below!!! I will… eat a cupcake in your honor. You’re welcome)
Thanks again for the nomination, FineFrugality! I’ve definitely enjoyed it:D